At iMedX we understand that documenting and improving your patient’s quality of care is a crucial aspect of your quality improvement initiatives. We offer a cost-effective alternative to in-house abstraction which allows you to reallocate your resources, and utilize enhanced abstraction data, which will lower your department’s operating costs all while maintaining control of the abstraction process.
The Core of Our Services
Concurrent /Retrospective Abstracting
Regular professional feedback reports on your core measure results
Strategies and best practices to improve publicly-reported scores
Recommendations for documentation and process improvements
Physician and staff education on current/new measures and proper core measure documentation
Identification/analysis of problem areas and how to implement new protocols
From the initial implementation iMedX’s trained abstractors are your resource for abstraction, feedback and education. In essence, we partner with you to become an off-site member of your team, completing your concurrent or retrospective abstraction in a timely and effective manner. Your dedicated account representative is available to you any time to discuss any aspect of your abstraction program and help you achieve your goals.
This alternative workflow is proven to reduce costs, increase quality reporting, educate staff, and provide an efficient operational workflow so you can re-deploy valuable staffing resources to increase reimbursements, and to focus more on improving the quality of care provided at your facility.
What You’ll Get
iMedX’s thorough knowledge and in-depth experience in health record documentation puts us in a prime position to provide outsourcing services to support a healthcare organization’s critical need for accurate and cost effective core measure abstraction.
All of our prices/chart include
- No set up or account maintenance fees
- Customized, cost-effective outsourcing services
- Consistent, personalized account manager/abstractor to ensure reliable, & accurate data submissions.
- Credentialed, experienced staff and industry-leading expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of CMS/TJC core measures specifications.
- Proven track record of success in delivering core measure services.
- Stays abreast of upcoming regulatory changes and communicates changes to clients in an easy-to-understand format.
Custom Approach; Proven Method
What sets us apart from other vendors is that we approach abstraction not just as an outsourcing vendor, but as a partner and educator. Our staff has worked in hospitals and has the knowledge and expertise to ensure data is abstracted according to CMS/TJC specifications. Our dedication to building lasting relationships is best shown through our abstractors who go the extra mile to ensure that knowledge is being transferred from our team to yours.
The approach that we take to abstraction is to not only develop a customized workflow solution for you, but to help make you and your department more efficient by freeing up valuable resources to work on other projects.
Compliance with and accurate reporting of core measures are key components to:
- Improving your quality of care.
- Maintaining the reputation you deserve.
- Securing the reimbursement your organization earns.
Working with core measures since its inception, our knowledge and experience helps qualify us as experts in the field. We only hire experienced, credentialed abstractors with a minimum of five years experience. Our abstracting staff is credentialed at various levels with a minimum of one of the following credentials:
- AHIMA Credentials (RHIA or RHIT)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Certified Coding Associate/Certified Coding Specialist (CCA/CCS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare-related field and/or Nursing