The advent of EHR’s, has created several challenges. Doctors that are used to dictation have been forced to slow down and use a computer for their clinical documentation, thus seeing fewer patients and losing revenue. To make matters worse, EHR’s force a doctor to use a computer as they are seeing patients. This is disconcerting to the patient and weakens the doctor-patient interaction. Due to these factors, health systems are facing an uphill battle convincing their doctors to embrace EHR’s.
The TurboDox™ Solution – iMedX’s Data Abstraction Services
Doctors can continue to dictate as they always have as dictation is still the fastest way to record an encounter. iMedX staff will transcribe, peruse charts, and extract key information (e.g., medications, allergies, problem lists, history and physical exam). This information will be entered into the appropriate fields in the EHR, thus freeing the doctor from the drudgery of documentation. Data from other paper documents, including legacy paper charts will be abstracted after scanning, thus eliminating paper. Scanned documents are available in an online storage facility.
Export to EHR
For those that are currently using or migrating to an EHR, this service provides tremendous value. Abstracted data can be exported to your EHR system seamlessly
- Doctors can continue to dictate (still the fastest way to document) and therefore be more productive
- With iMedX pre-populating the EHR from paper charts and historical information, doctors can hit the ground running, thus speeding up physician adoption of the EHR.
- Ensures patient experience is maintained at a high level.
- Easy access to information facilitates better patient care
- Online, paperless information facilitates “meaningful use”
- Gain real-estate as paper charts are scanned and rendered online.